Hydrofarm 4-Foot T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System
As demonstrated on the image, this is an ‘open’ system, in contrast to the ‘closed’ grow tents. The main disadvantage of these ‘open’ systems is that they ‘leak’ out light, temperature, humidity etc.. In contrast, with a ‘closed’ system, all the light energy that comes out of your LED grow light or HID grow light is available for the plants to use. Same goes for temperature and humidity as well. A ‘closed’ system in your garage will maintain a suitable temperature even in the middle of the winter whereas open systems like these cannot. So if you want a hydroponic system for year around use, you may want to go with a grow tent.
- Framework to hold the grow lights – length is 50 inches (approximately 4 feet)
- T5 high output grow light fixture and fluorescent bulb with 6′ grounded cor
- Premium-quality, UL/CSA-listed, height-adjustable fluorescent fixture with wide reflector to direct light on to the plants
- According to the manufacturer, “Ideal for African Violets, orchids, flowering bulbs, vegetables, seedlings and cuttings”
- Check out more pictures and customer reviews on this system here…
- Here is the 2 foot long version
What’s NOT included in the above system?